THE BOOM MUSIC PANEL SURVEY
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
1. SPONSOR AND OVERVIEW: The Boom Music Panel Contest (the “Music Test”) starts on January 22, 2016 and closes no sooner than on March 4, 2016. In order to ensure that the targeted number of participants complete the Music Test, this date may be extended. The Contest is sponsored by SparkNet Communications, with their main office located at 290-1770 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC, V6J 3G7, Canada (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all persons who meet the participation requirements of the Music Test and individuals who enter in accordance with Paragraph 5 of these Official Rules (“Entrants”). All Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees of the Sponsor or Corus Entertainment Inc. (“Corus”), their immediate family members, and their respective parents, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest. All entrants must reside within the City of Ottawa, which for greater certainty is within 60 kilometers outside the City of Ottawa and surrounding areas, including Quebec.
3. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules & Regulations and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final.
The Sponsor, their affiliates or representatives are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered submissions; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
4. PRIZES: There will be one random draw (the “Draw”) in the Contest consisting of $1000 CDN (the “Prize”). The Prize will be drawn and awarded within thirty (30) days of the Contest closing on March 4, 2016 (the “Draw Date”). The Sponsor reserves the right to extend the period that the Contest runs for the purpose of achieving the targeted number of participants.
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. All Entrants will receive one (1) entry in the Contest by following a URL link to the survey, completing the survey up to and including the point at which they have given their input on at least forty (40) songs, and submitting an active, valid email address. For input on each additional group of forty (40) songs, they will receive an additional entry, up to eighteen (18) pods entries in total. Surveys must be completed during the Contest period to be eligible.
6. CONTEST DRAW: Winners will be contacted by CJOT-FM within thirty (30) days of the Contest closing on March 4, 2016. The Sponsor reserves the right to extend the period that the Contest runs for the purpose of achieving the targeted number of participants. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of each entry winning any Prize will be the same, whether the entry was automatically generated or made by alternate means of entry.
7. PRIZE AWARDING: Winner will be notified by email within thirty (30) days of the drawing. Prize will be awarded only on verification by the Sponsor that all Contest requirements have been met by the winner. Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions, transfers, conversions or assignments of the Prize will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Sponsor which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value.
No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants via the email address submitted with the completed survey, or the address listed on the mail-in entries. The Sponsor will notify the winner by email within thirty (30) days of the Draw Date. The winner will have two (2) calendar days from notification to acknowledge notification of winning by phone call, email or mail. The Sponsor is neither responsible for nor shall they be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize.
In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrant will be required to respond with their mailing address within two (2) days of receipt of notification from the Sponsor. If a selected Entrant fails to respond to the Sponsor within two (2) days, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. With the entrant’s acknowledgement of the email notification of their win by responding via phone call, email or mail with their mailing address, the Entrant gives permission to the Sponsor, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, city and province or state of residence, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or their respective advertising agencies.
The Prize awarded must be picked up by the winner at the CJOT-FM studios, located at 1504 Merivale Road, Ottawa, ON., K2E 6Z5. The prize must be claimed within thirty (30) days or will be reclaimed by the radio station.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant from participating in the Contest for any reason at any time throughout the Contest, including, but not limited to, violating these Official Rules & Regulations or tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the operation of the survey. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which in their opinion, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest and to award the Prize to an individual selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in these Official Rules.
9. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree that the Sponsor, Corus, their clients, their affiliates and representatives, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Entrants further agree that the Sponsor, Corus, their clients, their affiliates and representatives, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, will not be responsible or liable for any injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of any of the submissions made by any Entry in the Contest, use of a Prize won in connection with the Contest or the failure by the Sponsor to deliver the Prize to the winner in accordance with these Official Rules & Regulations.