Light Rail is coming to the nation’s capital next year, and it’s 40 train cars need names, because of course they do!!
OC Transpo is asking children 16 or under to find creative, fun and unique names for each of its train cars on the Confederation and O-Train Trillium Lines. Click HERE to submit your ideas!
- Names must be short (maximum of 16 characters, spaces included)
- Names should be related to trains (or train service) or have a Canadian or Ottawa-related significance
- Names must fit into one or more of the following five categories: people, animals, natural world, culture or history
- Names must be bilingual or easily translatable (English & French)
- Names should be friendly (negative names will be disqualified), have a pleasant sound and be easy to remember
Would also like to pitch Train in Vain and Early Morning Train in honour of the incomparable Godron Lightfoot.— James McLeod (@TelegramJames) November 3, 2017
The contest ends December 8th, 2017 at 11:55 PM ET with winners being invited to a media event with the Mayor in early 2018 where the names will be made public. They’ll then be placed on each train.