The union says
- It wants the amount of part-time staff hired to match the number of full-time staff. (It’s also pushing for more job security and academic freedom.)
The College Employer Council says
- The demands would add more than $250 million in annual costs.
The student body says
- They want their money back if the strike continues.
At Algonquin College
- Classes are cancelled, except continuing education classes after 6 p.m.
- Clinical placements are cancelled.
- Classes in collaborative programs taught by faculty from other universities will continue.
- Campus, residences and Students’ Association facilities are open.
At La Cité
- Classes are cancelled, except online courses.
- Strike updates are being posted on the school’s website and social media.