This show of support is a far cry from the criticism our city faced from hockey cities and commentators who chastised the lack of sell outs. I have a few theories on why some games, not all, weren’t sell outs.
- The Phoenix pay scandle. In a city of civil servants who may or not get paid, well…..
- The lack of deep pocketed Corporate Season ticket holders hogging the seats (Toronto?)
- Location of Canadian Tire Centre
- HDTV! You can experience the game with play-by-play for free!
- Price of beer is MUCH cheaper at home
- It’s a family affair! You pack the whole gang into your living room and experience the game together with friends and neighbours too.
- The parking lot at the CTC. Everyone knows that you need an extra hour just to exit it.
It’ll be a different kind of ride for Captain King Karlsson now. #65 can spend some down time discovering country roads in this new sweet ride. He deserves some time to heal that broken foot (it’s been medically frozen the last dozen games) …and heart.