Inspiration Village is FINALLY open, but what exactly is it? Well, according to the Ottawa 2017 website; it’s a…
Succession of special exhibits and performing arts events, each one showcasing Canada’s provinces and territories.
But, what EXACTLY is it?
Inspiration Village will be open daily from noon to 8 p.m. (until 10 p.m. on Canada Day) with exhibits, demonstrations and performances. Among the many activities, visitors will be able to:
- step inside a sound studio and share stories about Canada and their vision for the future of our country;
- enjoy culinary demonstrations showcasing Canadian food culture from across the nation;
- dress-up in Canadian-themed costumes and props at the Inspiration Village Photo Booth;
- take a guided virtual tour of Parks Canada’s natural and cultural treasures from coast-to-coast-to coast;
- express their creativity and imagine the next great Canadian invention at the Build A Nation Station;
- take their photo in cut-outs of polar bears and beluga whales;
- take-in live dance, musical and artistic performances representing all provinces and territories as well as local up and coming artists and previews of Ottawa area festivals;
- discover and connect with the incredible diversity of land, history and awe-inspiring places to explore and experience in Canada;
- and much, much more!
Here’s a birds-eye view of the space.
This is something cool you can do there!
Check out these pictures from it’s opening day!