With today’s snowfall and there being a few days left in the Christmas break, right now might be a good time to take your sleds out to the nearest hill, but is that the best criteria? Maybe you should find the “best” place to take your toboggan down in Ottawa/Gatineau.
If you’re not sure where to start, here’s a list of some of the biggest hills around town. The first two are official NCC toboggan hills.
- Bruce Pit – Cedarview in Nepean across from Bell High School in Bell’s Corners.
- Conroy Pit – Conroy Road south of Hunt Club in Ottawa
- Watler Baker Park – Terry Fox Drive near Hazeldean in Kanata.
- Mooney’s Bay Park – 2960 Riverside Drive in Ottawa.
- Carlington Park – 937 Clyde Avenue in Ottawa
- Parc Lemoyne – Rue Hillside in Gatineau.
If there’s any hills I didn’t list here that you think are awesome, let me know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org