Here’s a few things that you may, or may not know about the 1980’s.
- Computers in the early 80s only had 64 kilobytes of memory.
- Chicken McNuggets first appeared on the McDonalds menu in 1981.
- Remember the “Preppy” movement from back in the 1980’s? Well, it had it’s own handbook, which I owned.
- There were a total of eight Friday the 13th’ movies released throughout the decade, ensuring sleepless nights for at least a couple of days once a year or so.
- In 1987, 25% of all mattress sales were waterbeds, which is a bit disturbing.
- The Clapper is notorious thanks to its commercial jingle, but the exact same song was actually used earlier in the 1980s in a commercial for Sine-Off cold medicine.