Monday, August 1st is a Civic Holiday, but isn’t a statutory holiday. What that means is, some stores will still have their doors open. Below you’ll find a list of what is and isn’t open.
- Most malls and grocery stores, with reduced hours. Call ahead to check!
- Most national museums.
- Most LCBO stores.
- Beer stores are running on regular hours on Sunday. On Monday, only select stores are open from 11am-6pm.
- Movie theatres
- Beaches, splash pads and pools
Closed or Reduced Hours
- Government offices in Ontario
- OC Transpo operates on a Sunday schedule, with extra service on routes 8, 94, 95 and 105.
- City Hall and Client Service Centres
- Ontario Provincial Offences Court
- There will be no curb side green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday. In addition, the collection of garbage, green bin, leaf and yard waste and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
Source: Ottawa Start