Mother Nature has prepared a sauna for us this week, so staying cool is going to be the key to surviving this heatwave.
We already know that you’re supposed to drink plenty of water during situations like this, but here are some other ways to stay cool that you may have not have thought of before. They come to us courtesy of http://hopeforwomenmag.com/
- Put damp washcloths, folded in half, in the freezer to use as a cooling neck wrap.
- Place a chilled bottle of water on the inside of your wrists, ankles and knees for a quick cool down.
- Avoid heating up the kitchen. Eat small, cool meals such as salads. Use shrimp, chicken salad, poached salmon or beef strips cooked on the grill in the cooler morning hours.
- Brew and drink Chrysanthemum tea. It lowers your body temperature.
- Close the curtains and blinds during the day to keep the sun from heating up your house.
For more, click HERE