Warmer weather is on it’s way and Spring is just around the corner. Time for some of us, who have been parked on the couch all winter, to get up and start working on our “beach bodies.” Or, at least do something to get healthy and maybe lose a little weight!. So, all you bears, it’s time to come out of hibernation and hit the woods, or in our case, the gym.
If you’re like me and somewhat of a newbie when it comes to working out, here’s a great article to help get you started.
Some of things it covers includes…
- What’s keeping you from exercising?
- How much exercise do you need?
- How to make an exercise habit that sticks.
- Tips for making exercise more enjoyable.
- Easy ways to “sneak” more movement into your daily life.
- How to stay motivated to exercise.
Years ago when I lost a bunch of weight through exercise I used a reward system for achieving certain goals. Here’s a great list of things you could treat yourself to for a job well done.
A few examples are…
- Take a vacation day from work to do whatever you want!
- Unwind with a movie of your choice.
- Buy a lottery ticket.
- Purchase a new pair of shoes or clothing item.
Good luck in achieving your exercise goals. I’ll let you know how I’m doing in a future blog.